Xavierol1

Reputable
May 1, 2020
Just would like some help to price my old PC as I'm trying to sell it, bought it for $AUD1,500 2 years ago and wasn't totally sure how much I should sell for as the prices are all over the place at the moment

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: (2 x 8GB) ripjaw 3200MHz
GPU: RX 580 Dual gaming OC 8GB
PSU: Seasonic Gold 550W
HDD: Seagate 2TB
SDD: NVME 960 EVO 500GB
CPU Cooler: Cooler master 212 CPU Cooler

Thanks for any help!

Solution
If it were a 'normal' market condition I would suggest perhaps a bit less than half of the purchase price on something that new. Given the state of GPU, the RX580 is quite valuable on it's own. However, as you may be aware, the issue after that will be a system that can't be used without the GPU...which leaves you with parting the system components.
Best to check your local sale avenues...Bry suggests he uses Gumtree, FB marketplace, CL and such for his parts hunts. I mention to say that perhaps you can assess some good ballpark figures there based on what is moving.

If you just want it gone, perhaps go with 40% or so of it's new price and see what bites you get.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If it were a 'normal' market condition I would suggest perhaps a bit less than half of the purchase price on something that new. Given the state of GPU, the RX580 is quite valuable on it's own. However, as you may be aware, the issue after that will be a system that can't be used without the GPU...which leaves you with parting the system components.
Best to check your local sale avenues...Bry suggests he uses Gumtree, FB marketplace, CL and such for his parts hunts. I mention to say that perhaps you can assess some good ballpark figures there based on what is moving.

If you just want it gone, perhaps go with 40% or so of it's new price and see what bites you get.

Reactions: Xavierol1
Solution

TRENDING THREADS