Pricing On Currently Available Z170 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to proof read this article again. Putting stuff like "The Skylake CPUs won't ship to retailers for but yet, but motherboard manufacturers are already shipping motherboards by the dozens." in there should be fixed.

krill68

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
EVGA must be really confident on the quality of their motherboards this time around. Notice the NONRETURNABLE and NONREFUNDABLE policy they threw in there. ooooof........

voodoochicken

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
EVGA must be really confident on the quality of their motherboards this time around. Notice the NONRETURNABLE and NONREFUNDABLE policy they threw in there. ooooof........

I think that's newegg's policy, meaning the boards have to go back to EVGA directly instead of back to 'egg. I could be wrong

krill68

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

I think that's newegg's policy, meaning the boards have to go back to EVGA directly instead of back to 'egg. I could be wrong

Yes, probably Newegg's policy, but still I would be pretty irritated to have to RMA a brand new board to EVGA directly and have them send me a refurb and lose the warranty.

norseman4

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Still only 1 mITX board available, the Stinger, that is missing 1 thing for me. (Ability to use an M.2 drive)

Any idea when better small boards are coming out?

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
You might want to proof read this article again. Putting stuff like "The Skylake CPUs won't ship to retailers for but yet, but motherboard manufacturers are already shipping motherboards by the dozens." in there should be fixed.

Got it, thanks for the catch.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
"The Skylake CPUS won't ship to retailers yet,..."

Do you have solid info on this? The i5 6600k is finally on sale in the US, but no 6700K parts. Do you have any real info to give those of us stuck waiting while the rest of the world basks in an abundance of i7 6700k availability?

"The Skylake CPUS won't ship to retailers yet,..."

Do you have solid info on this? The i5 6600k is finally on sale in the US, but no 6700K parts. Do you have any real info to give those of us stuck waiting while the rest of the world basks in an abundance of i7 6700k availability?

On the CPU availability things are kind of uncertain. I've been checking various retailers. Most don't have any info on them, but Newegg and Amazon keep changing their product pages to say available, or pre-order, or sold out. When the motherboard articles went up last week they were listed as in stock. When we wrote this article over the last couple of days they were listed as pre-order. Now they are listed as in-stock again.

We contacted Intel about it, and they informed us that the CPUs should be available to order now, but because of strong demand for Skylake they are having difficulties keeping up with the orders, and the supply of these CPUs is limited.

danlw

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for checking into it. I'm guessing that by available to order, they mean available to order from Intel? Hopefully that means we are a few days from availability.

Technically, it seems 6700k processors can be purchased in the US... IF you buy it as a pre-built PC. It's the boxed processors that are MIA. Seems the builders bought up all the supply.

Anybody try calling any system builders to see if they will sell just a CPU?

There have been so many issues in recent generations of late with 1st stepping boards (Asus - External drives not waking up, MSI Killer NIC having bad firmware - at least that was fixable w/ new firmnware) .. and lets not forget that the SATA problem on P67 wasn't fixed until B3 for all manufacturers.

No more jumping in early for me ... I'm too old and cranky to deal with this stuff :)

Tanyac

Reputable
Here in Australia the Z170 motherboard pricing is out of this world - ridiculously high. The Gigabyte G1 Gaming in the Z97 chipset was $299 AUD. I've seen the Z170 equivalent retailing for $699 - Just as one example. maybe exploiting day-0 adopters but geez...

Then again, as of August 1st 2015, prices on many components went up by 10% - 15% across the board.

Damned expensive parts is certainly going to squash my "bleeding edge" habits. I won't be doing any upgrades for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.