[SOLVED] Primary boot monitor workaround, is it safe?

ThunderFlame

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Yesterday I bought myself a 144Hz monitor, very lovely one, which I did set as primary in windows, and the nvidia control panel, didn't really act like it, more specifically, the POST screen logo from my motherboard, and BIOS were showing on my secondary monitor only, a 60Hz one, I did a bit of snooping and found out that there is a set order for monitors to act as the booting one, DVI>HDMI>Displayport, the 144Hz is connected by Displayport, as it should, and the 60Hz one by DVI, thus the current situation.
This only happens when they are both connected on the same graphics adapter, be it integrated or dedicated, so I thought about enabling both of them, connecting the DVI with the motherboard, and setting the GPU as primary, thus, the DP monitor would be the bootable one, of course, I know what it means, and I won't give the secondary monitor a graphical task that is more straining than playing a YouTube video, but is there an offchance that it could harm my system?
As a side note, I plan on upgrading from my GTX 1060 to a 1080, now that their prices are going down, which one would you recommend? When to buy it? Wait it out until Black Friday, or take my chances and get it now? Which manufacturer would you recommend?

Solution
" but is there an offchance that it could harm my system?"
I can't imagine a scenario where it would.

...but really....what does it matter if

"the POST screen logo from my motherboard, and BIOS were showing on my secondary monitor only, a 60Hz one"

I have this happen all the time.
" but is there an offchance that it could harm my system?"
I can't imagine a scenario where it would.

...but really....what does it matter if

"the POST screen logo from my motherboard, and BIOS were showing on my secondary monitor only, a 60Hz one"

I have this happen all the time.

Solution

ThunderFlame

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
Good to know then, and as I said, by doing this, the POST logo and BIOS will be only displaying on the 144Hz monitor, now I can enjoy the smooth 144FPS even in the BIOS, as for the graphics card I figured it out.

ThunderFlame

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
I think I also saw that when using the same cable type the GPU will prioritise the leftmost one, it may also depend on which monitor you connected to which port and in what order while the system is on.