Question Primary monitor not displaying after being put in sleep mode. Requires PC restart

Jan 27, 2020
Hello, everyone.

Within the past two months, I have built a pretty beefy PC that I've been happy with.

The specs are as follows:

Ryzen 7 3700x
GeForce 2080 Super
64GB DDR4 Memory
750W Gold Certified PSU
1x M.2 SSD 512GB
ASUS X570 TUF GAMING Motherboard

Although the computer is a beast and can hold its own in any game or stressful situation, it has been acting weird in a few areas. The most notable, and most annoying problem I have noticed is that my primary monitor is unable to display anything after it has been turned off in any capacity. If I just turn the monitor off using the monitor's power button, it will not display again. If the computer goes to sleep, only my secondary monitor will turn back on. The only way I am able to fix this is by restarting the computer, and sometimes I even need to do that twice. I used the same monitor setup with my last PC and never had this issue.

I am not sure whether this is a Windows 10 problem, a motherboard problem, or a graphics card problem. Would really like to fix this, just not sure where to start. I am receiving more storage in the mail in the next few days, so I am going to try to reinstall Windows (again), but this time on the other drives. Any other advice or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS