[SOLVED] Prime 95, Aida64 Fatal error related to memory

Oct 12, 2019
Hi!

I have a system, which I bought 2 month ago and I started experiencing blue screens and game crashes. Blue screen errors went away, but I'm still getting crashes occasionally. (Not that bad actually, I blamed the graphics card, which is an older model, it's under replacement.) But just out of curiousity I tried stress testing my pc. Everything is stock, no overclocks made. Memtest showed no problems (I should mention that I only run 1 cycle). Aida64 and prime 95 however eject instantly a hardware failure or fatal error (fatal error rounding was 4.9... or 0.5 expected less than 0.4). I figured this has to be a memory fault, after trying to increase cpu voltage as forums said, even if I'm not overclocking, I was skeptical about that in the first place. The interesting part: I started relocating the ram sticks. Here are the results:
A1 - B1 (the basic dualchannel allocation I ran them on) = errors
A1 (B1 removed) = good
B1 (A1 removed) = good
And the final try:
A2 - B2 = good, a working dualchannel memory finally

So, what causes the problem? Is it CPU related? I'm thinking this is more like a motherboard memory controller issue. But I don't want to replace it until I'm not 100% convinced.
Thank you for helping!

Specs:
Asrock B450M pro4
Ryzen 5 2600
8GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury CL18 (2x4GB) /HX432C18FBK2/8/

Oct 12, 2019
Oh, you are so right, the manual does support your answer :rolleyes: It's just such an unknown fact, I imagine how many people run into a similar problem like this... Thank you!

Solved