Prime 95 failure with no overclock and working components

I am getting confused with prime 95. All of my components are working ( have ran the memtests, WD HDD Data lifeguard analysts, and they came up fine). I always get a rounding error after a while. My PSU is fine, my temps are also fine.

What is causing these issues (FATAL ERROR: ROUNDING WAS 0.5, EXPECTED LESS THAN 0.4; Hardware Failure detected, consult stress.txt file))? And also, what would be a solution? Do I need to increase the voltage for my CPU (which seems odd to me)?

These are my parts: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x4GB RAM, Corsair HX750 PSU, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD 1TB Black, Nvidia GTX 770, Windows 8.1

dvs_xerxes

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
if your not overclocking ie. have your bios set to (default and auto for clockspeed), you should not need to touch the voltage. id first check if your using the latest prime 95 first and try again. if the errors still showing up or you are useing the latest. check your ram timings, and try more conservative timings

I will check that, but everything in the bios is at default (besides the RAM profile to profile 1 so I can have 1600MHz, but this isn't the issue, as this happened before I remembered to do that).

I am prettty sure I am using the newest version as I recently downloaded it from the website. http://www.mersenne.org/download/index.php

Nothing was changed in the bios, and the only thing that changed was in XMP, when I switched to profile to profile 1.

The reason why this can't be it, is because this occurred before I did that.

So I am confused as to what I would need to set in the bios.

dacquesta1

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
OK but you are failing with default bios settings and your not sure why, therefore you CANNOT rule anything out at this point. Go into your bios and see what the RAM and CPU vcore voltages are currently at. Also download coretemp and cpu-z.

edit: and hwmonitor

Which test are you doing?

Try smallFFT, and try blend. Blend will test more RAM, smallFFT will test mainly CPU stability.

If smallFFT fails you've got some issue with the CPU stability. A little voltage bump might help.

If blend fails I'd try memtest (I know you've done it). Try both sticks, switch both sticks, and try both sticks individually in each channel.

You could always try a different test like OCCT. http://www.ocbase.com/

I have not ran the smallFFT test for a long period of time.I am going to try that today when I get the chance. I am usually running the large FFT.

I made a mistake. I said blend test, but I meant large FFT.