Discussion Prime Day 2019 - What are your favorite deals?

SHaines

Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 1, 2019
LS9qsQEEqm4MPe4bazqupi-1200-80.jpg

It’s Prime Day 2019 and we want to hear about your favorite deals! Have you found anything that was too good to pass up? Jump into the discussion and share the wealth with the rest of us.

I’ve been thinking of picking up a Waterpik for a while now and they have a fantastic deal on one that is impossible to resist. Find some of our other top deals right here on Tom's Hardware!

Get your replies posted ASAP because Prime Day is coming to a close tonight!

Tom's needs a separate thread for Prime Day Razzies.

Wolf 6 Piece Watch Winder. For only $1,145 you can automatically wind up to six self winding watches. It totally makes self winding watches worth it. Overcoming their huge flaw of needing to be worn everyday. As watch batteries cost about 25 cents each and last about a year. Opting for this winder and self winding watches pays for itself in only 763 years!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Tom's needs a separate thread for Prime Day Razzies.

Wolf 6 Piece Watch Winder. For only $1,145 you can automatically wind up to six self winding watches. It totally makes self winding watches worth it. Overcoming their huge flaw of needing to be worn everyday. As watch batteries cost about 25 cents each and last about a year. Opting for this winder and self winding watches pays for itself in only 763 years!

Its not a design flaw when the classic design is intentional. When you have more than one $30k Rolex or even $5k Omega, this is a problem that needs a solution. Oh but I see you don't see the point in spending such money for a timepiece because its not your thing, therefore its dumb and deserves to be ragged on.

I'm sure you look very dapper at a business meeting with your Timex Ironman. If you don't care about that then why do you care about this?

(For the record I own both a Timex Ironman and an Omega. Everything has a place and a use)

Its not a design flaw when the classic design is intentional. When you have more than one $30k Rolex or even $5k Omega, this is a problem that needs a solution. Oh but I see you don't see the point in spending such money for a timepiece because its not your thing, therefore its dumb and deserves to be ragged on.

I'm sure you look very dapper at a business meeting with your Timex Ironman. If you don't care about that then why do you care about this?

(For the record I own both a Timex Ironman and an Omega. Everything has a place and a use)

There's no need to take offense. I was just interjecting some harmless satire into all the hype surrounding Prime day.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
There's no need to take offense. I was just interjecting some harmless satire into all the hype surrounding Prime day.

Apologies, its hard over text to make a point about that without sounding like an uppity jerk. Mere information not real offense. That said that winder is actually massively overpriced even at that price. I mean yeah it has some super fancy features, but they are really ultra superfluous and a winder for under $200 can do the same thing. But for people with $30k Rolexes its a drop in the bucket.

USAFRet

Titan
My one and only purchase was a TV.

Requirements:
  1. 35" - 45"
  2. Must be cheap
  3. Must be non smart. This is not an option. No ethernet or WiFi. Just HDMI.

This was actually hard to find.
The vast majority were Alexa/fire/roku or otherwise ethernet/WiFi enabled.....

I finally found a 40" Sansui, $150.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
I'm frozen out of prime day for the one thing that I want, a new graphics card. I had ordered the Asus 580 gpu for my recent build and it proved defective. (it would turn the screen to green and yellow mush when running a benchmark test, my old R9-380 works fine during the same tests).

So......I RMA'd it. I'm all ready to get back into business with a new build but I have to wait 5 days for it to go back across the country and then probably 5 days to get processed and come back. Meantime this is not a refund, it's for replacement. But it may end up being a replacement because I see that the 580 is sold out.

So now "prime day" for me. And prime day prices didn't look a whole lot different from Newegg prices. I guess Newegg tries to track some of what the competition is doing.

Greg N

4745454b

Titan
I bought my new system. I agree. There were no gpu prime day deals. That was sad. I almost got the 2700 for $150, but i couldn't find all my parts in time. I almost got the 2700x for $199, but i just couldn't see me needing that much cpu power. I ended up with the 2600, x470, 16GBs of 3200mhz ram, 1TB ssd with an 8TB spinner, 570(not the 5700), ips freesync monitor powered by a 550w seasonic for just under 1k. Should be a big improvement over my 3770k with r9 280.

I got a pair of Tin T2 headphones for $40, $10 under their current price. I got the same pair from Massdrop (Drop now, I think that was a really bad name change, everyone knows Massdrop, name change seems done just because and just Drop does not sound as nice to my ears), but that won't ship till mid August. I did not want to wait to try them and having two can't hurt, I have friends and family that can use them if I get extra.

Jul 17, 2019
LS9qsQEEqm4MPe4bazqupi-1200-80.jpg

It’s Prime Day 2019 and we want to hear about your favorite deals! Have you found anything that was too good to pass up? Jump into the discussion and share the wealth with the rest of us.

I’ve been thinking of picking up a Waterpik for a while now and they have a fantastic deal on one that is impossible to resist. Find some of our other top deals right here on Tom's Hardware!

Get your replies posted ASAP because Prime Day is coming to a close tonight!

Personally I found some of the deals on Ram (Corsair) to be pretty good.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Best deal I saw was actually at Microcenter:
MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Overclocked Dual-Fan 11GB GDDR6 PCIe Video Card $969.99 After Rebate.

I stayed strong however and will run with my 1080ti till next generation Nvidia card.