[SOLVED] PRIME X570-P cant get to BIOS or Boot

Shizensword

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
Hi, this is a bit of an odd one.
Earlier today my PC was working fine. But i remembered i forgot to put the bluetooth card back in after a recent MOBO upgrade. It worked fine on the old board. So i power off and slap it in. Now i can't get past the "press DEL or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings" screen. F2 and Del don't work but Ctrl+Alt+Del restarts the PC. Which is what i found weird.

Tried so far: (edit, After removing the BT card)
Checked connections
Removed CMOS for 10 min and pressed power button
as part of that the GPU (970) was reseated because the CMOS is behind it.
Ram is seated
CPU is fine (AMD 3600x)

I'm at a total loss. Please if you have any ideas please share and I'll try them tomorrow. It's half 12 here so i'm having to go to bed now so I'm not dead at work tomorrow. But i'll be able to try any suggestions tomorrow.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds like you have multiple storage devices. What are they (make/model)?

With all drives installed and properly connected to power and data connections, try booting again.

Does the screen ever show just a blinking underscore/dash in the upper left corner of the screen?

Also, yet another keyboard, if available, to see if that will allow you access to the BIOS.

At this point, I suspect your motherboard is damaged/defective as a result of the previous installation of the BT adapter. When you installed it, was your rig connected to power?

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
In which slot you are installing Bluetooth card which model it is.
As explained by @COLGeek try that first and if your system starts normally,
then try installing on different slots if not work then problem in your BT card.

Shizensword

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
In which slot you are installing Bluetooth card which model it is.
As explained by @COLGeek try that first and if your system starts normally,
then try installing on different slots if not work then problem in your BT card.
Sorry I missed an obvious step from my "tried so far" all of the above was done after taking the BT card out. i have added an edit.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Understood. Double-check your storage device connections.

After verifying your storage devices are properly connected to power/your motherboard, try this. Remove all connected USB devices and power the system on. Does it now get beyond the splash-screen and attempt to boot into Windows?

Shizensword

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013
Understood. Double-check your storage device connections.

After verifying your storage devices are properly connected to power/your motherboard, try this. Remove all connected USB devices and power the system on. Does it now get beyond the splash-screen and attempt to boot into Windows?

Hi COLGeek
I just tried this and when I booted again I didn't get the splash screen, but I didn't get to windows either. I just got a black screen that was backlit like it was receiving a signal, but nothing to suggest it was doing anything else. Inserting the keyboard and rebooting brings back the boot splash screen. Del and f2 still not working but Ctrl+alt+del does. Thank you for your help so far! you made something different happen. Any suggestion on what to do next?

I also unplugged all none boot drives so only the boot SSD is connected. (Samsung 840 pro 256gb)

I then removed the boot drive and connected it to my laptop with a USB converter cable and it loads, I can see the HDD contents.

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut

With all drives installed and properly connected to power and data connections, try booting again.

Does the screen ever show just a blinking underscore/dash in the upper left corner of the screen?

Also, yet another keyboard, if available, to see if that will allow you access to the BIOS.

At this point, I suspect your motherboard is damaged/defective as a result of the previous installation of the BT adapter. When you installed it, was your rig connected to power?

Solution

Shizensword

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2013

Hi, no blinking dash for typing. I think your right. it's bricked. The keyboard works on my laptop fine. I don't have another. I honestly cannot remember if the power cable was in when I put the card in but I'm gonna guess, after this, that I forgot to take it out. It's the only variable I can't account for. I really wish I hadn't ebayed my perfectly working B450 last week in the box this one came in! Live and learn I guess. Thank you so much for your help.

TRENDING THREADS