Question prime x570 pro shut down almost no pwr after

Sep 4, 2019
Boards about 1 month old. So this is the 3rd time this has happened. So far none have left left any winevents outside of the typical didn't shut down properly.

There have been little differences between each time but this is the general

power outage type shut down, no leds, no tsing lights, no signs of l ife on board except enet, sometimes looks like data's flowing, other times looks like in a wake on lan type mode. Will not acknowledge power button, reset button, onboard power, notta.

Steps I have taken - reseat everything except cpu, jump cmos, remove cmos, switch power sources, I wanna say there's a few other things I tried, but ultimately nothing led to an on spot resolution

Some notable difference each time-

1st time it it tried to reboot its self but couldn't find boot drive, selected boot, powered down. Then 30 so mins later, spun itself up

2nd was streaming vid from sata hdd, froze, unresponsive, had to use pwr button to shutdown, then it wouldn't boot back. Took several days boom spunselfup entered bios, set to never shut down, never wake on lan hoping to avoid such an abstract discussion on the state of being again.

3rd time unsure events leading to, haven't really done much outside of pushing pwr, wiggling things to look busy, and pointing with puzzled looks that say hmmm....yes.....ahh....ooohh...

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas as to what the issue even is? Is there any way I can prove it's not wake on lan? As far as I understand I need some pixie dust infused packets or it won't wake.

//*added at request
asus prime x570-pro
32gb ballastix 16x2
inland performance 1tb pcie nvme m.2
asus strix rx590
evga supernova g+ 1000w 120-gp-1000-rx

For some reason I had bought the psu thinking it was on the list but on double check...nope. I only bought it so large cuz I had planned try amd's ROCm then make a call on permanent, more expensive gpu setup.

I do suspect there is an issue with the m.2 in addition to the issues noted with 1&2, there was a bsod page fault in non paging area. Time wise it'd be it's own issue, not a part of the 3 mentioned.

//Addition to additions
Will not attempt to power up to boot to disk to reinstall win10, nor to usb to restore.

Not convinced it's stuck in wake on lan, but not convinced it's not. Guess I'll wait another day or 2 for it to spin itself up out of the blue before contacting asus.

Last edited: