Question Prime Z270-P LED lights on, but doesn't boot nor beep.

Feb 1, 2020
Complete new install.
CPU:Intel i7-7700K Quad Core 4.2GHz LGA1151 HD 630 8MB Intel HD Graphics Cache 91W TDP CPU Processor
CPU fan: COOLER MASTER MasterLiquid Lite 120 CPU Cooler - White LED
MOBO: ASUS Prime Z270-P
RAM:Corsair RAM 2X8GB Dimms
PSU:Corsair RM1000x

Orange lights on PCI clips when the PSU is powered on as well as the orange strip running up the back of the motherboard. PSU starts and then stops, but the Cooler Master CPU light is on and the fan continues to work.

There are no beeps and the LED orange lights stay on. Have tried with 1 dimm, with no dimms and tried dimms in slot 2/4 and 1/3. Have tried another 550W PSU, but the fan on this PSU doesn't even start.

Any help would be great, my first thoughts are send the MOBO back to the seller.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might it be possible to state what rams you're using from Corsair? Which slots are you populating for your rams?

I'm assuming you're breadboarding the system since you can see the fan for the PSU move while it's powered up for the first time?

You might want to inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins. FYI, you should've gone for a 240mm AIO instead of a 120mm AIO.

Reactions: Dev_Man
Feb 1, 2020
Hi Lutfij

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 Memory module 8GBX2.

First tried slots 1 and 3, then 2 and 4, then none, then just 1. Am breadboarding the system, is open on my desk next to me. Will inspect the pins now, is a brand new MOBO I received yesterday. Am new to water cooling systems, thanks for the advice.

Feb 1, 2020
Hi Lutfij

Just removed the CPU and checked the pins, none looked bent to me. All put back together again, but same outcome, lights on MOBO come on as soon as PSU is turned on. PSU starts but then stops, CPU fan stays running.