[SOLVED] Prime z390-a won’t post

Aug 5, 2018
My system had been working perfectly fine and I decided to turn on the AI Overclocking on the board, so I restart and run into the bios I turn it on and save, then the computer didn’t post. I’ve tried clearing the CMOS via the battery and it doesn’t post don’t know if it’s because it didn’t clear the cmos or if it’s something with the cpu

I have an
1080 strix
2*8 vengeance
Cx750W
If this can have any help

Solution
Hi chopchop142 :)

CMOS info will be retained if the CMOS caps are not drained. When removing the battery its best to push the start button to deplete the Capacitors. (can also be done using CLRTC jumper)
If you can get into Bios (F2 during Post) then I suggest you update your Bios incase Bios is corrupt.

When in Bios go to the Tool section and use EZ Flash3 Utility. Download the Bios file from support to a USB stick and rename the file to PZ390A.CAP then follow instructions as per section 3.11.2 in your MB Manual.

Once done reboot and check any LEDs that light up on the MB for possible issues with boot device, VGA, DRAM or CPU. (Section 1.1.8 in your manual)
Hi chopchop142 :)

CMOS info will be retained if the CMOS caps are not drained. When removing the battery its best to push the start button to deplete the Capacitors. (can also be done using CLRTC jumper)
If you can get into Bios (F2 during Post) then I suggest you update your Bios incase Bios is corrupt.

When in Bios go to the Tool section and use EZ Flash3 Utility. Download the Bios file from support to a USB stick and rename the file to PZ390A.CAP then follow instructions as per section 3.11.2 in your MB Manual.

Once done reboot and check any LEDs that light up on the MB for possible issues with boot device, VGA, DRAM or CPU. (Section 1.1.8 in your manual)

Solution