Prime95 Help needed !!

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
[Mon Mar 23 17:32:16 2015]
FATAL ERROR: Resulting sum was 6.406174221124698e+016, expected: 6.409692658333644e+016
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
[Mon Mar 23 17:40:00 2015]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

results from prime 95

system frezzes or locks completely while playing movies or games .. had this before but reappeared again. pls help out

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
CPU temps are normal

my specs
asus m5a97 r2
sapphire hd 7770 1gb graphics
Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 Vengeance 4GBamd fx 6300 cpu
corsair vs 550 psu

it occurs randomly.. sometimes while i play games,sometimes while i browse or suddenly at the desktop..
i had this problem when i bought the pc(i assembled) but there were no problems for a year now and suddenly it started acting the same..

voltages
Untitledsas.png

retry with the small fft test. if you are still losing a worker than i would say its cpu instability, add more vcore. you can use memtest to test your ram for stability... though it will take quite a long time.

do you have any idea if the ram timings or speed at at stock or have they been modified?

do you know what the stop code(0x????????) is?

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
i will run the fft test soon..i didnt change the timing but changed the dram voltages to +.05 ..
don't know what the stop codes are.. where can i find it?

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
i ran the fft test five times.the first time it shows a hardware failure
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

ran 3 more times and freezes right at start..
then at last ran it on the other user but lasted a little longer to freeze..

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

Ran prime 95 and shows hardware failure on the workers #2 and #3
done the test multiple times and the result was same..is my processor faulty?

lol, no, your processor isn't faulty. your processor is unstable at its current core frequency and vcore. if you are getting worker stops in prime then you are very close to stable. try adding 0.05v vcore and retest, or move your processor down 50mhz to 100mhz and retest.

you never did if you were overclocked or not. from your picture it shows you are running 1.40v vcore so that makes me think you are running a light overclock.

if you are running at stock 3.5(4.1) clocks then you "might" have a bad vrm/mosfet on your motherboard causing the instability. cpus generally either work or dont so its not likely your cpu.

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

thanks i will be trying this and will post the results

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

As you said i've changed the voltages and saw the change. so i ran prime 95 once more but after some time it shows an error like "Resulting sum error" and after some time pc got frozen again..!! and after restarting the pc it begins to freeze right at the start or at the welcome screen..!!

i have some suspicions abut the voltages shown in the offset voltages
IMG_20150430_110153.jpg

At the right it shows the max voltage as 0.5 but the value there is 1.284
do you have any ideas?

have you tried reseting the bios? above in this post you had a picture that showed your vcore at 1.404v on the right said according to the asus sensor but also shows the normal vcore setting at 1.3125v.

what does hwmonitor or cpuz report your vcore to be?

it could be a dying power supply, bad motherboard, or possibly the cpu dying, but its hard to tell. you could try undervolting and underclocking the cpu also.

Milin

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

yes i tried it..also when i raise the cpu voltage i'm able to use the pc but cannot use it under load like gaming,video playing ..the voltages seems to be fluctuating in between.

i here are the pics of the voltages after i upgraded the volages today.(the only way i could start my pc)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.png

Untitled22.png

Untitled2.png

your cpu voltage fluctuating is normal as it is just throttling itself depending on load. you could go into your bios and turn off any power saving features and it should hold its voltage and frequency.

according to cpuz your running 1.488v vcore at 3.6ghz which is very high. usually most can get 4.5ghz from that high vcore.

is it possible to find another power supply that you can temporarily test so we can rule out a failing power supply? if its not the power supply it does seem either the cpu is on its way out or the motherboard vrms are dying.