Question Prime95 Large FFT Failures, Windows Rebooting

Sweetdeal

Commendable
Oct 31, 2020
Hey guys,

since an while my PC started to randomly reboot when I entering Desktop (after Booting) or sometimes when I load up to many things to fast.

Other then that, the System runs Stable and I can game for Hours. But as I said, sometimes directly after boot it reboots.

So people told me it could be my Memory be broken.

I tested Prime95 Large FFT now and 4 out of 12 Cores crashed with Hardware Failure detected.

So could this be an Voltage thing? Or is my memory or even the Memory Controller possible broken? Is there a way to test that out?

I running: 8700K - Hero XI Mainboard + https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Kateg...r/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB/p/CMT32GX4M2C3200C16

I tried to raise the RAM Core to 1.4v or changing 3466 to 2800 etc.

But it seems nothing really works, so curious if someone can give me some tips?

Sweetdeal

Commendable
Oct 31, 2020
The thing is, I feel it started to happen once I had an Outage of my Waterpump or the BIOS Update not 100% sure.

My Hero XI Mainboard has an Memory "OK" Function, I noticed every reboot it put VCCIO to 1.25V same as the other voltage.
I fixated the Voltage to 1.2 V now and put the RAM Down to 3200. It seems to run stable now. I also disabled the Memory OK Function, so it won't overwrite on every reboot.

PS: I also used MemTest before with unstable in Prime95 but MemTest never shown Errors.
Sad part is, I using an very limited RAM Kit, that is only available 100 times on the World, which makes the Comp ability awful =/