[SOLVED] Prime95 makes my PC reboot

Mar 30, 2020
Hi there

So, during the last month my pc started to reboot for itself and after that instead of reboot it crashed, basically this happen only when i run a game (rainbow six and Rocket League wtv).
After a research and stuff my only solution was decrease the processor max power state to 70% instead of 100% (balanced power plan).

After that i was ready to buy a new PSU (thinking that it could be the cause of the crashes stuff) and do a little update do a GTX 1650 super to replace my old gtx 750 ti, however today i tried the Prime95 (i reseted de max power state to default (100%) and my PC rebooted during the test.

Im dont know that much about pcs and stuff, but since the prime95 is to taste my cpu, could the cause of my crash be the cpu instead of the psu? I just want to make sure that i buy the right thing to fix it.

Thanks!!

PC specs:
-GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI)
-Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A99X EVO R2.0 (Socket 942)
-RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz
-Operating System: Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit
-CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera 32nm Technology
-SPU info: 1Life ps:jet 600W 120mm
-Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC
-Water Cooler | Masterliquid lite 120 - cooler master

Solution
You're not even getting the proper temp readings.
Only 2 apps display the correct ones:
-AMD Overdrive(recommended)
-HWINFO, with temp sensors set to read 'distance from thermal margin' in the options

What is that power supply? I've never heard of 1Life...
Mar 30, 2020
Overheating cpu can shut down to protect itsself i think so what temps are you getting while doing the primetest?
i was using speccy to check it, after a while i left the pc for a minutes and when i came back it was already rebooted but the last time i check they were.
cpu - 41ºC
Motherboard/gpu/storage - 36ºC/37º

i was using speccy to check it, after a while i left the pc for a minutes and when i came back it was already rebooted but the last time i check they were.
cpu - 41ºC
Motherboard/gpu/storage - 36ºC/37º

If your doing prime your cpu would not even be on 41 because it will max it to full and temps will be so much higher then that only way knowing if its the cpu is do prime test and do speccy and see if it shuts down and what temp its shuts down at!

Mar 30, 2020
If your doing prime your cpu would not even be on 41 because it will max it to full and temps will be so much higher then that only way knowing if its the cpu is do prime test and do speccy and see if it shuts down and what temp its shuts down at!
i have a water cooler, maybe thats why? idk. on task manager o see the 100% use :/

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You're not even getting the proper temp readings.
Only 2 apps display the correct ones:
-AMD Overdrive(recommended)
-HWINFO, with temp sensors set to read 'distance from thermal margin' in the options

What is that power supply? I've never heard of 1Life...

Solution
Remove case cover, and blow a fan across the mainboards voltage regulator circuitry, as often an AIO setup , which has no fan, leaves a minboard's VRM circuitry hot. (Some boards do not handle 125 watt TDP CPUs as well as others, research the reputation and official CPU support list for an FX8320...

TRENDING THREADS