Print Head Not Found (HP Photosmart)

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
This printer is about four years old. The print head was full of ink and I cleaned it but the printer is still doing the error. The head is in good condition I don't see any mechanical problems with it. Any reason why it still does the error. Is it time for a new printer? The head is $70+ on HP site.

Solution
Understand.

However, it all becomes a trade-off with respect to your time, effort, and money. I tend to push to far into DIY repairs/fixes/workarounds etc. to get something working again.

Unfortunately the world is going against us all with respect to such things. More products are now made to be cheaper to replace than repair. If repairable at all.

Your ROI (Return on Investment) goes down quite rapidly as you spend more time trying to fix the printer. If you happen to have access to another print head then a swap might be worth a try.

Yet, even if a swap works, something else goes wrong and you are back to looking at a new printer.....

Decide when to "write-off" the printer. Once you reach that point > New Printer.

Ralston18

Titan
The print head may be in good shape and okay but something in the printer may believe otherwise....

Any specific error code? Error codes can be too broad in some situations but a specific code can be googled. May or may not find an applicable cause and/or solution.

I would opt for a new printer. After 4 years who knows what else may fail. Use the $70 accordingly.

At least you will (hopefully) end up with a working printer that is also under warranty.

Ralston18

Titan
Understand.

However, it all becomes a trade-off with respect to your time, effort, and money. I tend to push to far into DIY repairs/fixes/workarounds etc. to get something working again.

Unfortunately the world is going against us all with respect to such things. More products are now made to be cheaper to replace than repair. If repairable at all.

Your ROI (Return on Investment) goes down quite rapidly as you spend more time trying to fix the printer. If you happen to have access to another print head then a swap might be worth a try.

Yet, even if a swap works, something else goes wrong and you are back to looking at a new printer.....

Decide when to "write-off" the printer. Once you reach that point > New Printer.

Solution