print spooler service not running

We had norton anti vitrus 2005 updated on our computer by a computer service,
when we got it back I was unable to print. The service said they did not
touch the printer and could not help us inless we brought it back in. The
error I get reads " windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler
service is not runnining". I had 2 printers installed & neather of them show
up now. I an running Windows XP with SP2 installed. Can any one tell me how
to correct this or direst me to where I could get more info. so I can get the
spooler working & reinstall my printers? I am very new at working on
computers and interested in learning.
thanks in advance

Start the Printer Spooler Service. From the command prompt, type

net start spooler

and hit the enter key.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"chitown" <chitown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We had norton anti vitrus 2005 updated on our computer by a computer
service,
> when we got it back I was unable to print. The service said they did not
> touch the printer and could not help us inless we brought it back in. The
> error I get reads " windows can not connect printer. The printer spooler
> service is not runnining". I had 2 printers installed & neather of them
show
> up now. I an running Windows XP with SP2 installed. Can any one tell me
how
> to correct this or direst me to where I could get more info. so I can get
the
> spooler working & reinstall my printers? I am very new at working on
> computers and interested in learning.
> thanks in advance

Byte

Start Printer Spooler