Printer doesnt print black Ink

My printer doesnt print black ink. I dont think its the actual ink cartrige because i took one out when it wasnt working and put another one in. the new one worked at first but the next time i used it, it didnt work. why is this? are the cartridges dogy? is the printer knackard? I accidently knocked it once, could that be it? please help.

the printer is an 'Epson Stylus Color 400' and im on Windows XP

Hi, did you get anything usefull on solving your problem.
I have XP Home and Epson C44UX that will not print black
ink also. Please send reply to serendipty3@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Adi

Check printer's Autotest and if is nothing wrong with printer it will print
all colors, black too.

advo@siol.net

"Richie H" <RichieH@discussions.microsoft.com> je napisal v sporoèilo
news:55D7C68B-7A91-4C5F-BEDE-7C3ED1745116@microsoft.com ...
> My printer doesnt print black ink. I dont think its the actual ink
cartrige because i took one out when it wasnt working and put another one
in. the new one worked at first but the next time i used it, it didnt work.
why is this? are the cartridges dogy? is the printer knackard? I accidently
knocked it once, could that be it? please help.

> the printer is an 'Epson Stylus Color 400' and im on Windows XP

Renee

I had to get rid of my Epson Stylus Color 600 because it stopped printing
black ink. It wouldn't print black in the auto test either. Couldn't get is
fixed no matter what I tried.

It seems like the problem is prevalent in Epson Stylus Color printers.