[SOLVED] Printer dont work

Villepro100

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
Hello I'm trying to print black and white pages but my printer says I need to add yellow ink when I only need black ink. Is there any way to bypass this?
My printer is hp pagewide pro 477dw

Best regards
Solution
Hello I'm trying to print black and white pages but my printer says I need to add yellow ink when I only need black ink. Is there any way to bypass this?
My printer is hp pagewide pro 477dw

Best regards
Many printers will not print if one of the carts is empty. Even if you are theoretically not using that particular color.

Villepro100

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
No, but if it tells you it's low on yellow why do you think you only need black? Did you replace the yellow with an after-market cartridge that the printer can't read properly?
Hello.
I only need black ink because I only print black and white pages and I still have the original yellow ink cartridge inserted.

jaydean

Reputable
Oct 8, 2016
Inkjet printers need to have all of the cartridges installed and with ink in them even to just print in Black and White. You can't get around this as they do this to protect the delicate print heads as when the printer does it's auto nozzle clean there must be ink present or else the purge pump will blow air into any nozzle without ink present and dry any residual ink sitting in the nozzle or on the surface of the nozzles and this in turn causes even bigger issues in regards to blocking or clogging the print head.

TRENDING THREADS