Printer going off track when printing

luckylisp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I have a Canon Pixma IP1200 printer. When I try and print 4x6 photos they go off track in the last 2 inches and consequently it messes up the rest of the photo. Any idea what could cause this? It prints perfect and then suddenly starts clicking and going off track.

luckylisp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I'll try that. It'd be great if it was something that simple. I'll report back. Thanks very much for the reply. :)

chula

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I had the same problem.. I aligned it several times.. ran cleanings.. I actually returned a printer thinking it was damaged.. smh! I could not figure out why this was happening again, with a second new printer.. until I tried one last thing.. n i gladly found out that the solution to my problem was either or.. *the photo paper I was using was not completely flat or *it actually needs the canon quality photo paper.. I'm definitely leaning towards the curved photo paper I was using.. I hope this helps.. Good luck!! :)

luckylisp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
I'm sorry I've been meaning to come back and reply to this. I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately none of the tips mentioned have helped.

It's very weird as it starts making a clicking noise right before it goes off track. This only happens with small 4x6 photos which have the opportunity to shift when coming out of the printer due to their smaller size. I did wonder if it could be the photo paper I was using, but it really is completely flat. I'm at a loss. I hate to have to buy a new printer as this one isn't that old really and works completely fine otherwise. :(