Printer not detected Help!!!

bburger

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
Hello guys. I have a problem with my laser printer (OKI C3200) it's not been recognized by my pc, Win7 64bit. I tried changing ports and USB cable as well with no luck. Usually when you connect a device and have device manager opened, you see it refreshing and the new device appear, but with my device (printer) it's not. It's not detected at all. I think that it's maybe problem with the PCB. But it prints the demo page with all colours. Is it problem with drivers? PCB? PC?

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Do you have a startup disc that came with the printer?
Can you go on their website and get drivers? Does your PC realize that there is a printer in there AT ALL!?!?! Or any device in the USB?
I am sure you have already tried using different USB ports... if you have not try that.

bburger

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017

Thanks for your answer, and no i don’t have the startup disc. Also no drivers available on OKI website. And my PC doesn’t recognize my printer at all. Not even though as USB device. Nothing. Like nothing is connected. Inside the printer are 2 PCBs one is the Print Engine Controller Board and the other, which the USB socket is, Oki C3200 Print controller. One function that my printer has, is that when you press the online button for 5 sec, it prints a demo page with all colors, none of them missing, and by that i can understand that maybe its not PCB problem(cause the heads that read the colors are connected there and if the PCB was dead, no colors should appear.