My printer stopped printing, all I get is a blank page. I have windows XP
with service pack 2. I can't use notepad or wordpad. I tried everything,
support, command prompt nothing happens. I have a Cannon-bubble jetBJC-2100.
It' a older model and has been working all along even after installing SP2.
I have a AMD3200, with 1G of memory, When I tried to print from file from a
whole page it printed part of the page, very small part, title and about half
way down the page one line. I sure would appreciate any help anyone could
give me. I might have lost a file from windows. I don't get any pop ups on
errors. I went to event viewer and this was posted Error event ID 6161.
--
cherriepit

have you tried reinstalling the printer??

"cherrieweb" <cherrieweb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer stopped printing, all I get is a blank page. I have windows XP
> with service pack 2. I can't use notepad or wordpad. I tried
> everything,
> support, command prompt nothing happens. I have a Cannon-bubble
> jetBJC-2100.
> It' a older model and has been working all along even after installing
> SP2.
> I have a AMD3200, with 1G of memory, When I tried to print from file from
> whole page it printed part of the page, very small part, title and about
> half
> way down the page one line. I sure would appreciate any help anyone could
> give me. I might have lost a file from windows. I don't get any pop ups
> on
> errors. I went to event viewer and this was posted Error event ID 6161.
> --
> cherriepit

Jim

"cherrieweb" <cherrieweb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My printer stopped printing, all I get is a blank page. I have windows XP
> with service pack 2. I can't use notepad or wordpad. I tried
> everything,
> support, command prompt nothing happens. I have a Cannon-bubble
> jetBJC-2100.
> It' a older model and has been working all along even after installing
> SP2.
> I have a AMD3200, with 1G of memory, When I tried to print from file from
> whole page it printed part of the page, very small part, title and about
> half
> way down the page one line. I sure would appreciate any help anyone could
> give me. I might have lost a file from windows. I don't get any pop ups
> on
> errors. I went to event viewer and this was posted Error event ID 6161.
> --
> cherriepit
In addition to what John said, always print the test page before trying any
of the other programs.
You might try searching the web for this error ID.
Jim

Hello, yes I tried. It still prints blank pages. Thank you anyway.
--
cherriepit

"John Husted" wrote:

> have you tried reinstalling the printer??
>

> "cherrieweb" <cherrieweb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My printer stopped printing, all I get is a blank page. I have windows XP
> > with service pack 2. I can't use notepad or wordpad. I tried
> > everything,
> > support, command prompt nothing happens. I have a Cannon-bubble
> > jetBJC-2100.
> > It' a older model and has been working all along even after installing
> > SP2.
> > I have a AMD3200, with 1G of memory, When I tried to print from file from
> > whole page it printed part of the page, very small part, title and about
> > half
> > way down the page one line. I sure would appreciate any help anyone could
> > give me. I might have lost a file from windows. I don't get any pop ups
> > on
> > errors. I went to event viewer and this was posted Error event ID 6161.
> > --
> > cherriepit

I tested my printer and it only printed graphics not text. Do you know what
the problem can be ? I'm I missing a file from windows? Thank you for your
help.
--
cherriepit