Printer on Windows 7

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Hi All

I'm about to buy a printer, and i want to know your experiences with diferent brands of printers on windows 7. Can't really find driver support on web sites.

This printer will be rather complex because it will be networked/fax/OCR operational/Printer.

I have one brother model and a HP L7680 that contains all the goodies that i need. Anybody here got any experience with any of those brands on Windows 7? 64 Bits of course.

madmax808

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I've always had HP printers, and I've used several different models on Windows 7 so far, all about 4 or 5 years old, and have had zero issues what-so-ever. Windows Update installed all the drivers that were needed.

Though, I haven't used any higher-end models, as they were only for basic home use.

Bullheaded67

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Your printer should work fine if it has Vista support. My only caveat is this - if you are using an all-in-one or multi-function printer, be prepared for some or all of the software to not work until the companies have officially supported Win 7 software available (closer to the actual release date).

You can generally use a lot of the built in functionality like Microsoft Fax to utilize your additional printer functionality for now.

I'm using an HP 2300 Laser printer (about 6 years old) on Windows 7 with zero issues. Windows recognized it without any fuss and once I indicated that it had 48MB of memory, a 500-sheet tray and a duplexer I was able to access all of it's functionality from the standard print dialogue boxes without have to install anything extra.

Edit: time flies - the printer is about 6 years old, not 4 years...

reddin

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
Almost every main brand printer seems to be supported in windows 7 so you can't go wrong with Brother or HP

I myself am currently using a Canon Pixma on windows 7 x64 and it's working like a charm

sweetpickle

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009

I have a Canon Pixma MP150 that the printer will work on Vista 64 bit but I cannot get the scanner to scan into my computer. I have tried several driver downloads to no avail. Any suggestions?

sweetpickle

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I have a Canon Pixma MP150 that the printer will work on Vista 64bit but I cannot get the scanner to scan int my computer. I have tried several driver downloads to no avail. Any suggestions?

smiling_assassin

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I have a HP photsmart 7550 which worked fine on XP but will not work on Windows 7. I never got chance to try it on Vista. I have searched everywhere for the drivers and can't find them. Windows update and HP couldn't help either.

asaz1952

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010

VanzandtFl

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
When I switched to Win7, my HP laserjet 1200 worked fine, but it will not print multiple copies. Only one at a time, and none of the HP driver options seem to fix it. Any ideas on how to fix.

VanzandtFl

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
The link you provided takes me to drivers for Office Jet printers, not Laserjet, and I've browsed the HP site several times. While they claim to provide a driver for the Laserjet 1200, I've downloaded it and it does not work. Indeed the HP site says they don't provide software support for the the LaserJet 1200 in Win7, but I was hoping someone had a work-around, as the printer works excellently in all other respects and has been doing so for over 6 years.

G

Stay away from Lexmark...I have to replace either a new printer or buy a new operating system because Windows 7 incompatibilities. Downgrade to Vista if you can...Windows 7 is a bust in true Microsoft style.

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

A great resource to verify compatibility is available at the Microsoft Windows 7 Compatibility Center located at the following link: http://bit.ly/1gW6Ns and can be used for both hardware and software concerns.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

agent00711

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012