printer problem diverted to library after clicking print

Solution
Change your default printer to the Canon. It's not the printer doing that, it's Windows trying to print to the default printer, if it's asking you so Save a file, it's likely trying to print to a Microsoft XPS document if you have Office installed. Read what it tells you and you'll see what is going on.
Change your default printer to the Canon. It's not the printer doing that, it's Windows trying to print to the default printer, if it's asking you so Save a file, it's likely trying to print to a Microsoft XPS document if you have Office installed. Read what it tells you and you'll see what is going on.

Solution

joetheghost

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Sorry to put this here as I am trying to reply to hang-the-nine but can't see where to do it My default Is set to Canon ,I can print when I copy and paste into Notepad but not from the original site directly.I see the printer is set at Offline and have no idea where to rectify this.

Is the printer turned on and connected? See if the printr is manually set to be offline, right-click on it and see if that is checked.

Is the printing issue only in one place? You just said "from the orignial site", what exactly are you trying to print and how are you doing it? What dialog box do you see and what are the options in it? Is it the regular print dialog box? Can you just select your printer to print to from there?

joetheghost

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
The printer is on and connected,I don't have a printer icon to right click on,al l my devices(in devices and printers) are simply itemised with their description."Trying to print from original site" refers to my attempt at printing some SSD tips on this site.I click ctrl p this brings up the printer box which is nornal in appearance but clicking print from that point brings no response.The correct printr is already named

That item list you can right-click on also does not have to be actual icons. If the printer is offline it won't print anything, need to fix that. You can try by unpluggig it, removing the software for it and installing it like new.