Printer questions

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

The Task Manager shows that my "psc 1350 all-in-one printer", which I
installed on my XP system from the HP CD version 3.5.0, starts three
active processes:

hpzipm12.exe
hpqtra08.exe
hpcmpmgr.exe

It also places in the Task Bar an icon for Hewlett Packard Digital
Image Monitor, and a most puzling icon for Safely Remove Hardware,
that I cannot remove and that opens to show "hp psc 1300 series
(DOT4USB)"

I currently use the printer solely for file printing and copying
documents, and for nothing else. Is there some way that I can reduce
the HP startup programs to lighten the CPU and memory load -- thus
speeding up my other processes?

I am turning to this newsgroup after trying to present this situation
to the HP support call center: I could not understand half of what the
phone person was saying, and had to wait endlessly while he excused
himself profusely for the problems I was encountering and while he
placed me on hold to get more information than he could find in his
script.

T.
========================
Tony Roder, speaking his mind....

Try finding an updated driver for the printer, if you need anymore help let
me know.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:37:54 -0600, "K Doty" <kevind@valornet.com>
wrote:

>Try finding an updated driver for the printer, if you need anymore help let
>me know.
><tony@well.com> wrote in message
>> The Task Manager shows that my "psc 1350 all-in-one printer", which I
>> installed on my XP system from the HP CD version 3.5.0, starts three
>> active processes:

HP has one at its site, Kevin, thankyou. It seems to have done the
trick: my system is faster and ligher, although it still places in the
Task Bar the puzzling Safely Remove Hardware listing "hp psc 1300
series (DOT4USB)", and the "Devices" tab of the HP System Diagnostics
generates the error message "hp system diagnostics has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any insights on these?

Best,

T.
Tony Roder, speaking his mind....