[SOLVED] Printer refuses to print in one certain program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2020
I have a HP MFP m280nw printer, for whatever reason it refuses to print in one certain program.
It works fine when i print in word, excel, chrome, edge, acrobat etc...
But this one program that i use the most just wont print, each time i send a document to print it will tell me there is an error printing.

it can see the printer is online, it even see toner notifications. But when it has to print it will not do anything.
I tried reinstalling it, turning it on/off, getting all latest updates from windows, start/stop spooler and clear the spooler.
But nothing seems to work, there are no additional settings inside the program and it being a network printer is also using the correct address.

Does anybody know what else i can check or do to get this resolved.

It worked fine up until i reset my network after moving to a new location.
And my other laptop isn't have any issue's with it.

Aug 22, 2020
Just go to the following path from the system registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\CurrentVersion\
Allow all permissions for the following keys which are listed on the right-side: Devices, PrinterPorts, Windows
See this: https://www.techsupportall.com/community/topic/printing-error-2/

I check all of those options, everything is already set to full control.
Only devices and printerports are greyed out and wont let me change them to something else if i wanted to.
But they are checked for full control, just greyed out.

Ralston18

Titan
We need to know what we are working with....

I will echo @rgd1101's question: What software?

Even if not commonly known or used the software may be buggy or have a known conflict with the OS, the printer drivers, or just be buggy/corrupted.

Registry editing is not recommended.

All too easy to have something go astray. Any such editing should be a last resort and attempted only if the system is fully backed up. Both data and the registry itself.

Leave the registry alone.

Contact the tool manufacturer. Check their website, forums, FAQs.

They may know what the problem is and may even have a fix.

Aug 12, 2020
I check all of those options, everything is already set to full control.
Only devices and printerports are greyed out and wont let me change them to something else if i wanted to.
But they are checked for full control, just greyed out.

I have fixed the following issue using this registry trick. My issue was: My MS word doesn't even show my HP 1136 printer.
Then I searched over the internet about that issue and found this solution. See below given animation: View: https://imgur.com/ZMhf7Op

But @Ralston18 is right, registry tricks should not be recommended. Please apply this trick at your own risk. Otherwise, do restore your Windows back to the earlier date.

Aug 22, 2020
It's a program that connects to a measuring tool called race.
There was no update to the tool, it worked a few weeks ago before i moved.
So there is no known changes except network settings(ip) but that was updated since i reinstalled the printer so it has its new IP.
Or the WiFi dongle which was broken and replaced.
Printing works in words, excel etc.. and if i used print to pdf and print it in acrobat instead of send to printer it will also print just fine.
It will just give "error printing" when i try to directly send it the printer.
Something which doesn't happen to other tools.

I am going to try another printer see if it is hardware related.

Status
Not open for further replies.