Printer says "out of paper" only on Windows 10

Mastiff37

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
I have an Epson WF-3520 printer that suddenly will not print from my Win10 laptop because it always says "out of paper" even though it is not. My wife's Win7 machine can print fine. I've checked I don't have any weird paper sizes selected or anything and reset to default settings to no avail.. Any ideas?

Mastiff37

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Sorry, I should have been clear that the printer has been working fine on Win10 for many months. It may still be a driver thing, but not as simple as being incompatible with windows 10. Thanks.

This might not be related but I've seen computer with win10 and printer having weird issues. Prints first page okay, then starts complaining about paper size on 2nd page. and printing all following pages twice.
Way to fix it was:
Change printer default settings to correct paper size.
Change printer default settings in ALL applications to correct paper size. (yes, it seems to remember that too)
repeat step 2 for ALL profiles in use.

In short, at least in windows 10, printer default settings do not necessarily transfer correctly to applications (word, excel, browsers, whatever you print from)
So verify default paper size/tray both in printer settings and also inside the applications.