printer server verses local connect to tcpip printer

Sher

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Hi all,
Just not dealing with setting up shared printers for Windows xp. In the
past, I have setup printers on my 2000 server and shared from there but now
I'm not sure if that is the best way. What at the pros and cons as to
setting up a user to print through the server verses setting up a user to
connect to a local tcpip port from his workstation? I have users that share
their workstations with others. I need the workstation users to use the same
printer.
Also what about snmp running? any security holes to look out for and is
snmp really needed?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sher

Take a look through Bruce Sanderson's article at:
www.coribright.com