Printer sharing across wireless network

Feb 7, 2019
Hello all, I have 3 routers in my home and all works in bridge connection sharing the same SSID and same password etc, recently i replaced the router that is in my office with the one that is in the main hall, after switching all computers that are connected with the main hall router cant access the printer I cant even ping the printer, but i still access the printer if i connect to the office router "old hall router" i tried to reset the printer and reconnecting it again to the new router but no luck, i tried to ping the printer from a computer that is connected to the new router via Ethernet cable but no luck, i can ping the printer ip from the router web interface with no issue . Im out of ideas atm .

kanewolf

Titan
The routers, other than the primary-internet-connected router, should be configured as access points. If that is the case, my guess is that you plugged the ethernet cable into the WAN port on the router you moved rather than a LAN port.

Feb 7, 2019

No, the Ethernet is plugged in the right port i just checked it again, the weird thing that every laptop that have the printer installed prior to changing the routers can still use the printer with no issue, the problem is only on new laptops that doesn't have the printer installed on them .

TRENDING THREADS