printer spooler

I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
Thanks

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

edkaren wrote:

> I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
> up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
> is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
> Thanks

Go to Start | Run. Type in services.msc. Click Ok. Scroll down to
Print Spooler. Double click on it. In the Startup type box make sure
it's set to automatic and if it's not started click on start.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Thanks for the suggestions
I have made sure that the printer spooler is on automatic. However each time
I try access the printer it brings up the Message "spooler subsytem app
error", and when I go back to printer spooler it has stopped again. If I
restart the computer it says it has found to hardware ( my HP printer) but
when it goes through the setup wizard it gives another error " rpc server
unavailble"
any further suggestions

"Rock" wrote:

> edkaren wrote:
>
> > I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
> > up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
> > is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
> > Thanks
> >

> Go to Start | Run. Type in services.msc. Click Ok. Scroll down to
> Print Spooler. Double click on it. In the Startup type box make sure
> it's set to automatic and if it's not started click on start.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

edkaren wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions
> I have made sure that the printer spooler is on automatic. However each time
> I try access the printer it brings up the Message "spooler subsytem app
> error", and when I go back to printer spooler it has stopped again. If I
> restart the computer it says it has found to hardware ( my HP printer) but
> when it goes through the setup wizard it gives another error " rpc server
> unavailble"
> any further suggestions
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>

>>edkaren wrote:
>>

>>>I had to reinstall Windows XP home edition because my computer would not boot
>>>up. Everything is back in worker order except my printer. If I try print it
>>>is says printer spooler not in service. How do I get it working again.
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>Go to Start | Run. Type in services.msc. Click Ok. Scroll down to
>>Print Spooler. Double click on it. In the Startup type box make sure
>>it's set to automatic and if it's not started click on start.
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Sorry I don't. Maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
3. Double-click the Printer Spooler service, and then change the startup
type to Automatic. This sets the Spooler service to start automatically
when you restart the computer.
4. If you want to start the spooler service immediately, click the Start
button under the Service Status field.

You can also start the Spooler service by typing net start spooler in
the Run dialog box.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"edkaren" <edkaren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestions
> I have made sure that the printer spooler is on automatic. However each
> time
> I try access the printer it brings up the Message "spooler subsytem app
> error", and when I go back to printer spooler it has stopped again. If I
> restart the computer it says it has found to hardware ( my HP printer) but
> when it goes through the setup wizard it gives another error " rpc server
> unavailble"
> any further suggestions

This may help, copy spoolsv.exe [c:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe] to
the default users startup folder.

rgds
Li'l Roberto