[SOLVED] Printer suggestion

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hey everyone,
I use to love HP for all my printing but the last few years I have had nothing but problems with the print quality. The last 4 printers I've gotten, I could never get the software to install. I've had to use HP Smart Print , which was fine but they just don't seem compatible with Windows anymore, I dunno. If I let them sit for a week or two without using them, the quality is just terrible like the cartridges have dried up. Which I get from HP. So I think it's time to switch to another brand. Can you guys recommend a better brand please?

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
get a laser printer?
Yeah I don't even know what that is. The one I have is an HP Envy Photo 7858. What's that? a Jet? I dunno enough about printers to make an informed decision. Is mine a jet printer? and a laser's better? I just want to get one that will last, without having to use it every day. I probably print something, "maybe" a couple times a moth. I just tried cleaning the cartridges on this one about 5 times and it actually got worse. It says the ink levels are just fine.