[SOLVED] Printer turns off after PC is turned on ?

Jan 8, 2022
Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600.

The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on (which is fine).
But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF.

(The precise moment when the printer turns off is when windows finishes booting and it reaches the desktop)

How can I prevent my printer from turning off everytime I turn my pc on?

Things i've already tried, and didn't work:

Other cables, other USB ports, removed the printer and downloaded the drivers from official website.

I may add the following:

• I tested the printer on this computer on this operating system without any problems.
  • I can turn the printer on again after re booting just fine, and print without problems. The problem is that the printer uses a liitle bit of ink everytime its turned on and since i turn my pc off every night that means i m gonna be wasting a lot of ink.
  • Three days ago I did a fresh install of windows 10.
  • Prior to this i had windows 7 installed, and when i would turned my pc off and on the printer never turned off. Unless i turned it off myself off course.
  • The printer is not in suspended mode or anything like that, it turns off right after windows 10 finishes loading.
  • If it try to print a document after the pc is turned on, the epson status dialog box appears that says the computer cant comunicate with the printer (meaning: "the printer is turned off, please turn it on"). After i turn the printer on it will print normally wihtout any problems.
MORE INFO:

When the printer is turned on the printer's green power led turns on and doesnt blink.

Once the pc is turned off the printer's green power led starts blinking.

After i turn the pc back on the printer's green power led continues blinking

Right in the moment windows reaches the desktop the printer's green power led stops blinking for two seconds and inmediately turns off (that is the printer turns off).

As you see i dont want to waste a lot of printer ink with this, apart from the fact that it's annoying having to be turning the printer on everyday.
Also, this will eventually wear out the components of my printer.

Solution
This printer:

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/cx56__/cx56__ug.pdf

No display/menu window on the printer itself - correct?

Page 34 presents "View Print Setting Summary". (I did not note any power related settings either.)

Page 74: "Run a Printer Check". (Done disconnected). Determine if, per the check, that the printer is operating. Just as a matter of elimination.

What printer driver is installed?

FYI:

https://epson.com.jm/Support/Printe...88212?review-filter=Windows+XP+64-bit#drivers

Doublecheck that the correct Windows 10 driver is installed.

And, even if so, try another manual download via Epson's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.
Jan 8, 2022
I checked the power & sleep settings , in additional power settings the preferred plan is "balanced". I also disabled "USB selective suspend setting" as somenone suggested me, still no results.

How can i print the configuration settings for the printer?. I mean, the driver comes with an app called "Epson Status Monitor" or something like that, but is only good for configurating the printer when you are about to print something. I can't find anything related to the printer's power managment.

Ralston18

Titan
This printer:

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/cx56__/cx56__ug.pdf

No display/menu window on the printer itself - correct?

Page 34 presents "View Print Setting Summary". (I did not note any power related settings either.)

Page 74: "Run a Printer Check". (Done disconnected). Determine if, per the check, that the printer is operating. Just as a matter of elimination.

What printer driver is installed?

FYI:

https://epson.com.jm/Support/Printe...88212?review-filter=Windows+XP+64-bit#drivers

Doublecheck that the correct Windows 10 driver is installed.

And, even if so, try another manual download via Epson's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Solution