Question Printer with size versatility

PH-Bench

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Hi friends, I would like to ask a question about printers. I want to find a printer that is great at printing on custom paper sizes. I need something that has a good range from small to large. 13 x 19 is about the largest. Recently I had the need to print 6 x 12 envelopes and none of my printers could do it. That is why I say custom, no printer I use had a way to set the paper size manually. Also, the smaller it can go, the better. I don't care if it's inkjet or laser (will even take a black-only laser), I want it to be able to print on big envelopes and very small sheets of paper. I just want it to be versatile. Thanks for any help

Part of the problem is you don't know all of the sizes a printer can handle until you've installed the printer driver and gone through all of the size settings. 13 x 19 is tough since that's larger than the standard 11 x 17 tabloid size. Anyway you could try reading this:

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-wide-format-printers

and looking at the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-7310 and other supertabloid printers which will at least handle 13 x 19.

Ralston18

Titan
Just as a suggestion:

Instead of printing envelopes consider printing address labels instead.

Likely faster if you are sending out multiple envelopes at a time.

Labels come in many sizes and also on 8 1/2 by 11 sheets with peel off labels.

Easily removed from the sheet and placed on the envelope. Larger labels have room for a smaller return address area so both addresses can be printed on the label.

Some label manufacturers provide free software that supports use of a database or word processing app to fill in the addresses from a table. And some apps (word processing, database, spreadsheet) may include address templates.

For example:

https://www.bing.com/chat?q=how to ...nv=1&sendquery=1&FORM=ASCHT2&sp=11&ghc=2&lq=0

And you can test print on plain paper to ensure that everything lines up before commiting real label sheets to the printing process.

Reactions: Paperdoc