I had a hp 940C printer on my cpmputer. I removed it a couple of years ago
and replaced with a hp laserjet and newer hp deskjet printers. Yet, every
once in a while the 940C shows up on my computer in the printer and fax area
and also when I try to print something. if I run a search it does not show
the 940C printer in my system. how do I make sure this printer does not show
up in the future?
Thanks,
steve z

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

System Properties/Advanced tab/Environment Variables. Create a new system
variable named "Devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices" and give it a value of 1. Go
to device manager and select view/show hidden devices. Find the printer and
uninstall it.

Brian Pugh
A+, Network+, MCP

"SteveZ" <SteveZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a hp 940C printer on my cpmputer. I removed it a couple of years ago
> and replaced with a hp laserjet and newer hp deskjet printers. Yet, every
> once in a while the 940C shows up on my computer in the printer and fax
area
> and also when I try to print something. if I run a search it does not show
> the 940C printer in my system. how do I make sure this printer does not
show
> up in the future?
> Thanks,
> steve z

dl

I 'believe' hp has a driver removal tool, of course you may have to
reinstall your current printer