Printing an application that runs in DOS

I'm try to print from a DOS application that is configured to print to LTP1. My local printer is connected to a USB port, plus I have access to a network printer. Any ideas as to how to reassign LTP1 so it can print to one of my printers?

Thanks in advanve for your help!

See Bruce Sanderson's article:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
www.coribright.com

"Rednosebob" <Rednosebob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm try to print from a DOS application that is configured to print to
> LTP1. My local printer is connected to a USB port, plus I have access to
> a network printer. Any ideas as to how to reassign LTP1 so it can print
> to one of my printers?
>
> Thanks in advanve for your help!

I have read the numerous request for this problem and have also attermpted to use the directions in the link furnished. However, I'm not real network savvy. When I type in the following at the Command prompt I get:

C:\net use lpt1:\mycomputer\LexmarkX /persistent:yes
System error 67 has occured.

The network name could not be found.

I have tried renaming the printer, which, again is connected to my PC via a USB port, with no success. I have a feeling the next question/comment I will get is to find out the real network printer's name. But I have looked at all the properties and can confirm that I am using the correct printer name. Thanks for your patients, as I see others have had the same problem, and I wanted to find the answer through their experience versus my own.

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> See Bruce Sanderson's article:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Rednosebob" <Rednosebob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm try to print from a DOS application that is configured to print to
> > LTP1. My local printer is connected to a USB port, plus I have access to
> > a network printer. Any ideas as to how to reassign LTP1 so it can print
> > to one of my printers?
> >
> > Thanks in advanve for your help!

Rednosebob,

> C:\net use lpt1:\mycomputer\LexmarkX /persistent:yes
> System error 67 has occured.

if you are sure the printer name is correct, then maybe the PC name isn't.

Correct syntax: NET USE LPT1: \\Computer\Printer
(Please note that there are TWO backslashes before "Computer")

To find your Pc name try to run: ECHO %USERDOMAIN%

If you want to give a look at a powerful utility to make the redirection and
to add some interesting features like print preview, font selection, color,
graphical background merging and so on, then try Printfil.

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all