Printing in grayscale on a PSC 750

Hi
I have a problem with my PSC 750 All in one printer which has suddenly
started developing problems with recognising the colour cartridge where
the printer is constantly wanting to align the heads even with new
carts.

Anyway, B&W photocopying and printing plain text files is fine cos they
use the black cart. For printing web pages for example images hardly
print out at all. In the "advanced" tab I have grayscale ticked and ink
volume set to normal, and in the "setup" tab I have print quality set to
normal

Any ideas?
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 at 12:30:38, Mike NG (Mike NG
<sweepdog@deadspam.com>) wrote:
>Hi
>I have a problem with my PSC 750 All in one printer which has suddenly
>started developing problems with recognising the colour cartridge where
>the printer is constantly wanting to align the heads even with new carts.
>
>Anyway, B&W photocopying and printing plain text files is fine cos they
>use the black cart. For printing web pages for example images hardly
>print out at all. In the "advanced" tab I have grayscale ticked and
>ink volume set to normal, and in the "setup" tab I have print quality
>set to normal
>
>Any ideas?

We use something called fineprint to print 2 pages on one side by side,
and there's an option on here which will do exactly what I want