[SOLVED] Printing on two printers no longer works

raptormoonx

Distinguished
May 19, 2014
Hello!

We have two printers and two different operating systems.

HP Photosmart 5514 all-in-one
HP Photosmart 7520 all-in-one

Laptop 1:
Toshiba Satellite s55-a5375
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Insider Preview 19031

Laptop 2:
Toshiba Satellite s55-a5377
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (will hopefully be upgrading to Windows 10 very soon)

I have uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers and software (the files were from the HP support website and have a 2015 date on them), changed ink (all new; bought from Staples on Saturday), ran allignment, print quality, clean cartridges, and copying. All pages come out blank on the 7520. On the 5514, copied pages print, but black is splouchy. However, when I print a PDF (like a tax document), those print. All printing is done over in-home wifi. Computers connect to printers no problem. Not sure what else to do. Parents are looking into buying a new printer asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated asap. Thank you.

Solution
Are both laptops being used to print to each printer? Are the drivers for both printers installed on each laptop?

What is the default printer for each laptop?

If .pdf files are printing without issues then I would suspect the source application for the other types of files being printed: e.g. .doc, .xls, and .txt for example. Default printer settings.

However all that that must be taken in consideration that you are using: 1) a preview version of Windows 10 on Laptop 1 and Windows 7 (likewise problematic) on Laptop 2.

Try methodically printing out specific file types via both laptops and printers.

Make a chart of what works (prints correctly) and what does not work.

Ralston18

Titan
Are both laptops being used to print to each printer? Are the drivers for both printers installed on each laptop?

What is the default printer for each laptop?

If .pdf files are printing without issues then I would suspect the source application for the other types of files being printed: e.g. .doc, .xls, and .txt for example. Default printer settings.

However all that that must be taken in consideration that you are using: 1) a preview version of Windows 10 on Laptop 1 and Windows 7 (likewise problematic) on Laptop 2.

Try methodically printing out specific file types via both laptops and printers.

Make a chart of what works (prints correctly) and what does not work.

Solution