printing problem - spooling?

HI..I have been trying to print a Word document and it keeps printing on the
top left corner of the page. In print preview the document looks fine but
the print out is much smaller and squished up to the top left. Lexmark has
advised me that is probably has something to do with spooling in Windows XP.
Any ideas?

Does it print from all other applications OK?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Lana" <Lana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI..I have been trying to print a Word document and it keeps printing on
> the
> top left corner of the page. In print preview the document looks fine but
> the print out is much smaller and squished up to the top left. Lexmark
> has
> advised me that is probably has something to do with spooling in Windows
> XP.
> Any ideas?

Nope! I tried to restart the "print spool" off the run, services.msc as
suggested by someone else and it worked to print two pages and now I am back
to the same thing. I have tried to do that order of commands again and it
still prints all squished to the top of the page. I have a major proposal
due tomorrow..yikes!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Does it print from all other applications OK?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Lana" <Lana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI..I have been trying to print a Word document and it keeps printing on
> > the
> > top left corner of the page. In print preview the document looks fine but
> > the print out is much smaller and squished up to the top left. Lexmark
> > has
> > advised me that is probably has something to do with spooling in Windows
> > XP.
> > Any ideas?
> > --

Use Bruce Sanderson's article to cleanup all printer drivers and then try to
install it again.

Step 1 is disconnect the printer from the PC.

Then:

After the cleanup is complete, download a new set of the software package
from the Lexmark website.

Install the software and do not reconnect the printer until the software
tells you to do so.
--

> Nope! I tried to restart the "print spool" off the run, services.msc as
> suggested by someone else and it worked to print two pages and now I am
> back
> to the same thing. I have tried to do that order of commands again and it
> still prints all squished to the top of the page. I have a major proposal
> due tomorrow..yikes!
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Does it print from all other applications OK?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Lana" <Lana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI..I have been trying to print a Word document and it keeps printing
>> > on
>> > the
>> > top left corner of the page. In print preview the document looks fine
>> > but
>> > the print out is much smaller and squished up to the top left. Lexmark
>> > has
>> > advised me that is probably has something to do with spooling in
>> > Windows
>> > XP.
>> > Any ideas?
>> > --

In article <658A17FC-B9FC-425B-A2B0-237FA0D6A581@microsoft.com>, Lana
favored us with...
> HI..I have been trying to print a Word document and it keeps printing on the
> top left corner of the page.

You posted the same message next door in m.p.w.general. This is
multiposting, and it's a time-waster.

"What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple
newsgroups?"
http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

http://OakRoadSystems.com/