Ian

Hi

I am printing to a Brother HL 1050 from xp but it is never
quite right spurious characters are appearing everywherem
graphics are hopeless. I upgraded from 2000, other laser I
have HP LJ4 will not print from XP at all. Brother says it
is compatible but dont understand why it causes so many
problems with xp

Probably if you kept it connected during the upgrade the drivers became
corrupted.

Uninstall and reinstall using the instructions at:

After the reboot, you'll need to use the Add Printer Wizard to install the
printer... the drivers are built into XP. Brother does not support using
the Windows 2000 drivers from their website, and I'm thinking along the
lines that you still have them installed which is causing the problem.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com