Question Privacy issue - bad ISP

worker0

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
Heloo again.

I using ISP which is really bad. They started to filter and analyse my internet trafic on LTE+ network on my cellphone. Same ISP buy another ISP which I use for home internet. At home I have fiber chanell, which was great until they buy it,

My question is how to protect from traffic analysing, Until LTE+ carrier buy my ISP I was planning to put my phone in VPN at my home. But this is not possible anymore. Technically this is now same ISP and it will start to analyse traffic on my home internet link. What can I do to protect? This is not joke, they analyse everything on booth internet links. I get many broken SSL certificates and notifications that my connection is not secure - someone can see my trafic ( MIM )... They told me that they analyse it for my protection, but this is not true, real reason is far away from that.

My plan was cellphone LTE+ to VPN on my home but this is not possible anymore since they are same carriers. So I think that I must get VPS somewhere and connect my cellphone LTE+ internet and my home Internet in VPN with them. Can someone point me in right direction???

It dont make sense to VPN my phone to my home and then home VPN to third party VPN . Please suggestions...

Last edited:
If you use wifi between your phone and the home router the ISP can not monitor that traffic. If you use LTE to get internet on your phone you are not using your home network at all. I will assume you are using the WiFi since it does not count against any data cap and it will perform better.

You should be able to just load a VPN on your home router. The connection between your phone and the router is the same as if you used a PC to connect to the router. All the traffic will be encrypted as it leaves your house. It is impossible for the ISP to know if the traffic came from your phone or from the pc or another device in your house. To them it all looks the same....traffic going to some VPN provider.

Many vpn providers allow you have more than 1 device active on a vpn for the same monthly charge. You could then use the router vpn when you are home and if you are away from home using your phone on the LTE network you could turn on the VPN on the phone. You would turn it off when you get home and switch to wifi.

Reactions: worker0

worker0

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
OFC, I know. The point is that nobody cared for HOME traffic, until now. My plan was to put phones LTE+ internet in VPN with my PC and other stuff, and that would be phone LTE traffic to home ( encrypted ) and then access to internet. But it is impossible now because even my home link is monitored. If I redirect home link to VPN and phones LTE to my home i wil get just lag. It is better to rent VPS and install VPN server which I will connect from my home and from phones LTE. In this way:

LTE -> ( encrypted ) - VPS/VPN and Home link -> ( encrypted ) - VPS/VPN instead of
Phone ( encrypted ) -> Home ( encrypted )-> VPN/VPS

"You should be able to just load a VPN on your home router. The connection between your phone and the router is the same as if you used a PC to connect to the router." I know ofc. but my router dont support VPN.

Second option will requier VPN server in my home. First way requier only 1 VPN server.

Can someone recomend or point me in direction how to start VPN server on rented VPS, and use VPN client on my phones LTE and home. I preffer VPS variant because I can add DNS blocker and DNS cacheing ( I do it at home right now in virtualisation for home traffic)
Do I need any kind of SSL certificates and so on?

Last edited: