Question Privacy Separator on Asus RT-AC5300

Julianbuzz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
I'm trying to connect a HL-L3290CDW Brother Printer to the Brother app to print from my Android phone. The printer will not connect, and is recommending I disable my privacy separator setting on my router. I cannot find this anywhere. Is it called something else on an Asus router?

kanewolf

Titan
I'm trying to connect a HL-L3290CDW Brother Printer to the Brother app to print from my Android phone. The printer will not connect, and is recommending I disable my privacy separator setting on my router. I cannot find this anywhere. Is it called something else on an Asus router?
Could be called "client isolation"
Are you trying to put the printer on the guest network ?

Can you ping the IP address from your pc. I know asus has ping command but I forget if you can ping local devices.

If both your phone and your printer are connecting via wifi then as mentionit is likely client isolation. it is a setting on one of the wifi pages in the router.

Julianbuzz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Thanks to everyone for suggestions. The answer was to turn off the Smart Connect feature, and give different names to the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. This was I can ensure that both the printer and device im printing from are on the same band.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS