Privateers reduce crime?

From a base log:

"Privateer scum have a base in the area! It is making everyone unhappy
and reducing crime by 0 points!"

Is this a typo? Shouldn't that normally be "increase"?
--
Paul Honigmann

Yeah, I don't understand it either but in my games this is the only
message I ever get. The crime does actually go down by the way.

Sparrow

Privs are reshuffling crime. They take from one base and add to
another. Probably to make the game / crime less predictable.