furyos_cheapo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
I have the following hardware and not a lot of money:

Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
OCZ 2x1GB ddr ram
Radeon x1950 gt 256 mb / 256 bit
500 watt power supply

I am willing to spend a little money to improve the video card or the fan if that's good, but I'm wondering what types of bios / voltage settings I should use to overclock.

Just some ranges would be nice.

Thanks.

Mondoman

Splendid
What is your goal? Right now, your gaming performance is being limited by your video card; however, if your MB doesn't have a PCI-express x16 slot, your cheapest route is probably to buy a new MB, CPU and video card (and perhaps RAM, if your current RAM is DDR rather than DDR2).

furyos_cheapo

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
You're right I'm stuck with AGP. My RAM is also DDR (PC3200). For now I'm stuck with this machine and so I'm looking to clock it up as high as I can go.... I've put 256mb ram into my AGP Aperture Size to help make up for the bottleneck.

There are other options in my AGP - AGP Master 1 WS Write (currently disabled) and AGP Master 1 WS Read (currently disabled).

There's a setting called AGP Driving Control and "Top Performance" (currently disabled). I'm wondering if I can eek out a few more FPS by changing some of these settings.

Thanks!

Mondoman

Splendid
OK. The x1950 is *really* old technology; I'd look on ebay for a used (but more modern) AGP video card. Make sure it's compatible with whatever maximum AGP spec your MB supports (e.g. AGP 4x, 8x, etc).