[SOLVED] Probably solved. All Fromsoft games stuttering like crazy

Proigr3

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
The solution:
In Device Manager, under Software devices, I had to disable Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator. And then reboot PC.
Though I do not know if there are unforeseen consequences with disabling this device.

Original question:
Hi. All fromsoft games, like DS3/2/1 Elden Ring ... started randomly stutterring crazy. I noticed it happening after I updated GPU driver, but installing older versions does not help.
I tried DDU-ing, but it didn't help. Can you please help me?

Last edited:
Solution
In Device Manager, under Software devices, I had to disable Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator. And then reboot PC.
Though I do not know if there are unforeseen consequences with disabling this device.
Did you do a CLEAN reinstall and rollback of the GPU drivers when using DDU ? Are you sure other PC games do not stutter ? Which other game have you tried playing, apart from titles released by FromSoftware ?

Which power supply unit/PSU model do you have ? I'm also going to assume your games are legit, not pirated. And, are the games installed on STEAM, or some other gaming client ? Anyway, maybe try reinstalling the games from scratch as well ?

Are you using any MODs for these games, DS3/2/1, Elden Ring and other titles ? If yes, then try running the game without using any MOD. Have also tried capping the FPS as well ? Which Monitor model do you have, and what's the refresh rate/Hz ?

Is the monitor G-SYNC and/or AMD's Fressnyc certified as well ? It seems a bit odd that only FromSoftware games are stuttering, and not other titles.

Proigr3

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017
Did you do a CLEAN reinstall and rollback of the GPU drivers when using DDU ? Are you sure other PC games do not stutter ? Which other game have you tried playing, apart from titles released by FromSoftware ?

Which power supply unit/PSU model do you have ? I'm also going to assume your games are legit, not pirated. And, are the games installed on STEAM, or some other gaming client ? Anyway, maybe try reinstalling the games from scratch as well ?

Are you using any MODs for these games, DS3/2/1, Elden Ring and other titles ? If yes, then try running the game without using any MOD. Have also tried capping the FPS as well ? Which Monitor model do you have, and what's the refresh rate/Hz ?

Is the monitor G-SYNC and/or AMD's Fressnyc certified as well ?
Clean install when DDU-ing, CoD WW2 also does stutter but none else, ARK: Survival Evolved Cyberpunk 2077 Witcher3 Deep Rock Galactic GTAV Doom Eternal Skyrim Red Dead 2 and many more dont stutter, my PSU is an EVGA 750 gold unit, my games are legit, I play all of these games on Steam, I can try reinstalling those games will report if successful, I don't run any mods in fromsoft games I do in Skyrim tho, fromsoft games are capped to 60 but Cod WW2 is not and stutters aswell, I use 21:9 144hz 2560x1080 monitor, it is Freesync but I never used that feature

The weird thing is, that this stuttering never happened before, it started like a month ago, after a GPU driver update I presume

Last edited:

Proigr3

Honorable
Apr 15, 2017

Solution