proble connecting netgear to mobile wifi

huzaifa56

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
I bought this netgear product yesterday only,..I don't have any broadband connection, but i want to connect it to my mobile wifi, but when i open its software it shows the range and everything of my mobile wifi and when i try to connect. It asks for two steps. 1. please press the button on a cradle and 2. press the botton on router,..But i dont have a router as i am connecting it to my mobile wifi hub...Can i connect it to my mobile wifi ..?

Solution
That is a good thing that it does not have a button on your router/wifi hub. This feature is extremely unsecure and is only used for people too lazy to key in a password string. You should be able to manually set it up my putting in the SSID and password.

Now if what you bought is some kind of repeater that may not work with mobile wifi. Many of these devices limit the number of mac addresses they support and they do not support the methods some repeaters use to connect.
That is a good thing that it does not have a button on your router/wifi hub. This feature is extremely unsecure and is only used for people too lazy to key in a password string. You should be able to manually set it up my putting in the SSID and password.

Now if what you bought is some kind of repeater that may not work with mobile wifi. Many of these devices limit the number of mac addresses they support and they do not support the methods some repeaters use to connect.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS