Problem about steam

Apr 4, 2018
Hi guys, I don't have much of the internet data (1 gb) left . And I want to buy csgo on steam . So if I buy the game from my account and copy the game from other guy's computer and paste it to my computer.(from his steam library I will copy csgo ) so can I play like this .

Solution
Yes, you can get game installation files from anywhere, it does not matter if you download them directly from Steam or copy from friend. Just make sure friend has most recent version, otherwise after install the game will try to download latest patches from Steam. Note however that you need to copy installation files, copying installed game will not work.
Yes, you can get game installation files from anywhere, it does not matter if you download them directly from Steam or copy from friend. Just make sure friend has most recent version, otherwise after install the game will try to download latest patches from Steam. Note however that you need to copy installation files, copying installed game will not work.

Solution

Sylvvester

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
What installation files? You just need to copy installed game folder "... \Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive" from the other computer, to your computer and then use steam to install csgo. When you do this, steam will analyze existing files and only download missing data (if it differs from most recent patch).