Question Problem Accessing BIOS or UEFI

Dec 5, 2021
Having a problem accessing BIOS or UEFI Firmware Settings Menu. Using a Z170X Gaming 3 MB with i5 6600K CPU which should be compatible with Win 11 but PC Health check says CPU is not supported but it is, so I think settings in UEFI need changing. The mb manual says the 'Del' key on startup should enable boot into BIOS but can't get that to work. Have ensured that 'Fast Booting' is not enabled but still never see any flash screen. I went into Win 10 Settings> Recovery>restart>Advanced Settings>UEFI Firmware Settings>Restart and screen goes blank but nothing appears. Computer is connected to dual monitors. Don't know what else I can try.

I've got a 6600K and a Z170 board also.

I could be mistaken, but I certainly thought I had found out that I was NOT compatible with Windows 11.

Accessing BIOS can be a major pain in my experience.

All you can do is keep trying, assuming you have the correct key...tap it once a second, tap it twice a second, hold it down constantly, pray, swear, etc until it will work.

Dec 5, 2021
I still have the problem of not being able to access the bios. I also want to know if there is any alternative to the Gigabyte TPM 2.0 which I can't get for the board. From what I am reading it is compatible with Win 11 if I can get a tpm and access the bios. Still need help.

gquiring

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
I have a very similar issue with an ASUS Z97-A M/B. It will not enter BIOS, all I get is a black screen. I was finally able to resolve the issue by removing EVERY device on the SATA bus. I had to remove the SSD, H/D and Bluray optical and then the BIOS was accessible.