Problem after fan replace and thermal paste Strix r9 390

Feb 7, 2019
I am getting what looks like memory screen problem after fan replacement and thermal paste on my ASUS Strix r9 390

Boots up and goes into repair mode in win 10, boot picture screen has vertical 1 inch memory blocky distorted graphics.
Oh and yes it does it on other machines the same.

Anybody experienced this or any idea if possible to fix..

KwjfkF1.jpg

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
the factory made aftermarket are not usually for modification (specially an asus strix) , i read an article that producers are strating to produce some cards without any plastics over it so you can customize yourself .

Feb 7, 2019

I am trying to find out what would cause the garbled graphics on the boot logo as shown. I am assuming vram or what else could it be.

Feb 7, 2019
True norcalsc, Wondering whether some paste is shorting some surface mounts out so think I will try the surgical spirit clean, blow off and reseal and then if no joy call it a day with the old oven baking nothing to loose attitude lol. Mind you I am tempted to jet spray it all off and leave to dry in the airing cupboard for a fortnight. Done that before with a pc I found in the river once and worked fine believe it or not. Thanks everyone.