[SOLVED] Problem after power outage

Dec 7, 2019
The electricity went off while playing the game. I turned on the computer after the electricity, but the mouse and keyboard did not work and the screen was black, it says no signal. Mouse and keyboard works fine on different computer. The button light of the computer works, when i plug the speaker into the usb port, the light comes from the speaker and the fans are running. I removed and installed the RAMs but the problem persists. can you help me?

System:
Intel i7 6300 3.4 gHz
AMD R7 240
RAM 8+8 GB
Gigabyte H110M-S2 Intel 1151 DDR3 1600Mhz
1 tb harddisk
It's a desktop.

Last edited:
Solution
FSP250-50HMN, 250W, 5 years old, I havent got any problem until this situation so its condition is probably fine.

Everything works up until the point it doesn't. Given that there was a power outage, it's not uncommon for the power supply to give up the ghost protecting the rest of the PC. I'd swap out the PSU, but also buy from a store that won't hassle you about returns if the PSU doesn't turn out to be the problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

" the screen was black, it says no signal"

Problem seems to be between computer and monitor. Do you have another known working video cable to try?

Do you have another monitor or even a TV to swap in for the current monitor?

Try booting into Safe Mode - that may help with being able to recover.

Could be the GPU. Does the motherboard have an integrated GPU? If so try that.

Key is to narrow down the problem either directly or by elimination.

Dec 7, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

" the screen was black, it says no signal"

Problem seems to be between computer and monitor. Do you have another known working video cable to try?

Do you have another monitor or even a TV to swap in for the current monitor?

Try booting into Safe Mode - that may help with being able to recover.

Could be the GPU. Does the motherboard have an integrated GPU? If so try that.

Key is to narrow down the problem either directly or by elimination.
I have updated. Screen is okay. There is no light on both keyboard and mouse no matter how long I wait. They are not working. There is only fans' sound.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
FSP250-50HMN, 250W, 5 years old, I havent got any problem until this situation so its condition is probably fine.

Everything works up until the point it doesn't. Given that there was a power outage, it's not uncommon for the power supply to give up the ghost protecting the rest of the PC. I'd swap out the PSU, but also buy from a store that won't hassle you about returns if the PSU doesn't turn out to be the problem.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
250 Watts, 5 years old being "fine" is not a premise that I would make.

Do the following: add up the wattage requirements of all system components.

If there is a wattage range use the high end value.

Once the wattages are totaled (and there are online calculators to help) add 25% more.

Online calculators can be and are questionable so use 2 or 3 to get a wattage consensus.

Compare your computer wattage requirements to 250 watts. How close are the wattage values?

And remember that being 5 years old the PSU is probably no longer achieving peak performance levels.

Electronics can and do degrade. Especially if there is a built in EOL (End of Life).

Reactions: Diawell

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Oh thank you for help :D Do I lose my data ?

No idea until you have a working PC to run the hard drives on. You can corrupt data during a power outage.

All important data ought to be backed up in multiple places, including at least copy off-site. If your PC being set on fire and then thrown off a cliff would result in you losing any important data, then your backup solution is insufficient.

Reactions: Diawell

Ralston18

Titan
You are welcome.

Did you lose data question: hopefully not - but possibly yes.

In agreement with @DSzymborski:

Sudden power losses can corrupt any ongoing disk activity.

As stated, the defense is to ensure that you do regular backups and continually verify that the backups were done, are recoverable, and are readable.

TRENDING THREADS