Question Problem after upgrading from Ryzen 5 2400G to R7 2700x

Oct 20, 2019
I have recently popped in a new AMD Ryzen 7 2700x cpu into my rig and get nothing upon power up. The fans spin, but no video out, no POST, no beeps, nothing. Pop the old chip back in and everything is fine. Motherboard is a GA-AB350M-DS3H (latest BIOS applied), with an RTX 2080 TI attached. 24GB RAM with a 1TB NVMe. PSU is a Corsair CS650M. I am guessing either the PSU does not have enough juice or perhaps the new 2700x chip is DOA? Anything else I could test out before upgrading PSU and/or returning CPU? Also, using a Coolermaster Hyper 212.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This sounds like a DOA CPU. The BIOS should detect the new CPU (if functional) and force you to enter the BIOS and save the new settings. Your PSU is fine.

Does the 2700X appear to have any bent or missing pins? From where did you purchase it?

Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for the speedy reply! CPU is in great shape, picked it up from Amazon. Already started the return process. After spending a bit more time reading, looking at replacing it with a 3600 instead too.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Thanks for the speedy reply! CPU is in great shape, picked it up from Amazon. Already started the return process. After spending a bit more time reading, looking at replacing it with a 3600 instead too.
Good luck regarding the return. Amazon is usually pretty easy to work with.

Did you purchase directly from Amazon or a 3rd party reseller? Just wondering.

Oct 20, 2019