Problem, all sound except for ingame voices, and voices during movie's

sphinxerafg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
When I watch movies on the newest windows media player, the voices are quiet, but everything else is fine. ventrilo, i cannot hear ppl because they are extremely quiet, when i listen to mp3's they are quieter, and sound kinda distorted. and during video games.. all sounds are fine except for when there's talking. it doesn't make any sense. like during cinematics.. if i play starcraft, and raynor on single player is talking or anyone for that matter, its extremely quiet, same with aliens vs predator. Everything else works fine. if i play movies in Windows media player classic, everything sounds fine, including voices.. is there some bs setting somewhere hiding that i cannot find to adjust like .wav audio or something.. or something pertaining to like the voices aspect of the audio.. it was working fine, i unhooked my computer, hooked it up at my sisters house on her tv, hdmi interface, with analog red/white audio, and when i get back home. this is what i am stuck with apparently. i Really don't want to have to format to fix it. if anyone can offer any help, that would be amazing. Asus p6t, onboard audio - Realtek the media player i am using also, if it matters, is media player 11 i believe. just a recap, its not just media player.. its basically every form of a voice on my computer, vent, games, movies via media player 11, mp3's.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Do you have a 2.1 setup or a surround sound (5.1, 7.1 etc.) setup? If its 2.1, please check your driver settings to ensure that you have not enable 5.1 by accident. That is because in 5.1, the dialogs (speech) comes thru the middle speaker. So, if its set to 5.1 and you only have a 2.1 ssetup, you will miss all the dialogs.